My homemade nachos recipe hit the right notes with the whole family.
A perfect Friday night dinner, it has a great take-out feel with the benefits of a great home-made meal. It also does not dirty too many dishes.
This recipe can be adjusted for different tastes, but we did Nachos con Polo, which has chunks of chicken breast.
You will need:
1 pack of corn chips (Doritos – the cheesier the better)
1 tub of sour cream (or use lemon juice & double cream)
1 can of chopped Italian tomato & onion (warm up in microwave)
2 chicken breast fillets
Fresh chillies to taste
Lots of cheddar and mozzarella cheese (grated and mixed)
How to make it:
1. Chop the chicken breasts into small cubes and stir fry them in a dash of olive oil. Add garlic, salt and spices to flavor.
2. Place the chips into two large oven-proof plates, topped with the cooked chicken.
3. Pour the tomato & onion over.
4. Pour the sour cream over the other ingredients in the plates. Do not remove chunky bits, they add flavor!
5. Now sprinkle the grated cheddar and mozzarella mix over and place under the grill in the oven until the cheese is melted and starts to brown on top.
Be careful not to overdo the baking. Remember that all the ingredients are cooked and warm and the objective is just for the cheese to melt.
Use ground beef chili or leave the meat out completely.
Substitute the sour cream with creamed cheese