This Pear Caramel Fridge Tart is an old favorite which my mom has taught me years ago.
It is cold and sweet and sinfully delicious. Ready in an hour, it is perfect to prepare at the last-minute when you go visit family and you have to take something with.
This is what you need:
1 packet of ginger snaps
1 tin of pears (drained of half the liquid and finely chopped
1 packet instant milk pudding (caramel) mixed per instructions
1 tub of cream (whipped)
This is what you do:
1. Arrange the ginger snaps in a tart dish. You can drizzle a little brandy or sherry over the biscuits, optionally.
2. Arrange the pears over the biscuits and drizzle the remaining liquid over it.
3. Pour the instant pudding over the biscuits and pear base.
4. Pour whipped cream over the pudding and sprinkle with biscuit crumbles as decoration.
5. Let the tart set in the fridge for an hour before serving.